Formerly known as the Essex Clergy Charity Corporation, the LMDC Charity supports clergy and licensed lay people in financial hardship, who minister within the Diocese of Chelmsford. Our beneficiaries include,
- Incumbents, or clergy holding the bishop’s licence
- Clergy retired from stipendiary ministry, and their widows
- Lay minsters who hold the bishop’s licence – i.e. LLMs also known as Readers, Licensed Lay Workers and Church Army Officers.
- As much as we would like to offer help to everyone in these lay ministries, our resources just do not allow us to.
- So, for the time being our grants will be primarily for those taking a sole lead role in a parish supported by an incumbent in a neighbouring parish.